ituexchange   Itu Global | Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria

Unlock Your Potential with the Realities of Trading

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 | 38 views

Do you want to be a successful trader? Then you need to unlock your potential and develop the right habits and routines.

Experience shows that people want to keep doing what they are doing, while expecting different results. In trading, that means they carry on trading in a certain way even when it brings poor results. Making a career out of trading means you have to identify what doesn’t work for you, and stop doing it. But that’s not easy – nobody likes being told they are wrong.

Your mind is the biggest obstacle that you need to overcome. It prevents you from following trading plans and deceives you into disobeying winning rules because of a transitory setback, thus missing great opportunities to make decent profits.

You can only unlock your trading potential through the realities of trading.

This book explains the traps that your mind can fall into and the methods you should use to avoid them. The author talks about how to use trading strategies, how to stay disciplined, and the right attitude to take whether you win or lose a trade. He covers trading situations from the past, such as the Greek debt crisis and the Swiss franc/euro upheaval in 2015, and explains how he traded those opportunities. He also talks about position sizes, the right time to trade and what you need to know about drawdowns.

Throughout the book, the author pinpoints ways in which bad habits can sabotage your trades, and how to prevent this happening and unlock your potential to become a great trader.

Trading realities: http://www.advfnbooks.com/books/unlockpotential/index.html  

www.tallinex.com wants you to be a successful trader

Save to Favorites

Rate

Comments

Other Posts by Itu Global

Itu Global | 5/18/2018 | Business | Careers

Can I start more than one businesses at once?

is launching multiple startups a good idea? i have founded 8 ventures in the last couple of years, 6 of them tech. but i’m not running any of them - each business has their own ceo. it’s certainly working well for me. but bear in mind, i’ve been running businesses for 11 years. elon musk manages spacex, tesla, hyperloop, solarcity, openai, the boring company, neuralink, all at the same time. and he’s certainly not the only person that has done it successfully. jack dorsey, steve jobs, patrick grove are great examples, and on a corporate level - samsung, google, hyundai are essentially each composed of multiple businesses. one thing that people overlook is the benefits to each startup: i’m in and out between each startup. that means ideas from one constantly being crossed over into another. the teams learn from one another too. all funding comes through one source - investors i know and myself - which makes fund-raising relatively pain-free. especially at the early stage >> continue reading

Itu Global | 5/18/2018 | Finance | Access Bank

Why we encourage customers to use Access Bank ​

in our experience, access bank has the best online customers support system that exists in nigeria. this is no exaggeration. we have had many experiences with other banks, online businesses and other online companies, access bank stands out. their physical customers support system may not be able to pull their weight; but their online support is excellent. their email support is superb (they won’t ignore your messages), and access bank remains the very few banks that call their customers when there are serious issues online. their mobile and online facilities are excellent and their banking technology is always advanced. moreover: as far as ituglobal/instantforex is concerned, we encourage our customers to use access bank to receive cash transfers from us. they will also be glad to be able to send instant cash to us as well, using access bank cutting-edge mobile applications. withdrawal rate for all our verified sellers is n322/$; whereas withdrawal rate for all our verified >> continue reading

Itu Global | 5/11/2018 | Finance | Trading Jokes

Some Timely Trading Jokes

a little bit of humor to get your friday off to a chuckle: chart - what you check after you exit trading, trying to understand what went wrong. day trading - trading which you start too late or exit too early. margin - (if you are up) a safe situation with huge potential return (if you are down) an evil trick by unseen forces that can cause you losing more money than you have. margin call - what happens when your broker makes an accounting mistake. moving average - a curly line that has nothing to do with price movement if you have an open position. position trading - day trading that went the wrong way right after you took a position. trend line - an imaginary line on the price chart that only changes when the market is closed or when you are not looking. source: tradingeducators.com www.tallinex.com wants you to be a successful trader >> continue reading

Itu Global | 5/10/2018 | Finance | E-Currencies

E-currencies: Why do you ask us what we don’t offer? ​

at ituglobal/instantforex… we buy and sell: neteller perfect money skrill payeer and epay we don’t do any cryptos exchange. so please don’t ask us for cryptos. we don’t do advcash, payoneer, paypal, etc. so don’t ask us for it. we wonder why people would be asking us about what we don’t offer on our website. so, before you ask us the kind of e-currencies that we do, please find the list on our website. you’ll see the list of e-currencies we offer, plus bid and ask rates (sell and buy rates). perfect money/payeer/epay/neteller/skrill: www.ituglobalfx.com.ng >> continue reading

Itu Global | 5/10/2018 | Business | Age

At what age should I start my business?

what's the ideal age to start a business? there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, but recent research suggests that 40 may be the magic number. despite media speculation about the entrepreneurial spirit of the younger generation, the average age of an entrepreneur in the uk is 47 (46 for men and 48 for women). us research puts the figure a little lower, saying 40 is the average age to start your first business. this makes sense. for many, being a twenty-something is characterized by career uncertainty and debt, while a lack of experience working for other companies could make starting your own a risky business. your 30s is the era of children and mortgages: a combined responsibility that could rule out taking a leap into the unknown. your 40s, on the other hand, represents an attractive combination of financial security and business experience. those entrepreneurs were 35, 35, 37, 42, and 42, respectively, when they founded those companies. i’ve seen a >> continue reading

Itu Global | 5/4/2018 | Business | Neteller

NETELLER: Why did you suspend/ban me from your services?

instantforex.com.ng this is the website that is primarily in charge of neteller funding and withdrawal, especially for traders who open instaforex.com and/or tallinex.com accounts through us. it is compulsory that you register on this website and get verified before you start doing neteller with us. your information please be careful when you’re registering instantforex.com.ng. if you make mistakes, you can’t change your info. this is part of our security measures, and that’s why you need to keep your information (including your username and password) very safe. if you lose your password, you can use our password recovery options to reset/change it, after which you wait patiently for a new password to be sent to you via your email. please note this. verification to get verified on instantforex.com.ng, you would pass through 2 levels: level 1: is about uploading your passport photo and an id (travelling passport or driver’s license or national id card or voter’s card). if >> continue reading

Itu Global | 5/4/2018 | Science | Experiment

The most horrific science experiment!

which are the most horrific science experiments? what the unit 731 of japanese army did is the darkest science experiments. they called the victims "woods". these woods were just materials for their experiments. they placed woods outside in coldest weather for some time, then knocked the frozen arms broken to analyse how frostbite hurt man, or put the frozen person into hot water to see what will happen. they tested all kinds of bacteria or chemical weapons on those poor people and vivisected victims to collect information about the effects ... most of the woods were chinese, the others were russians, koreans. after the war, the u.s. detained the chief and some members of unit 731 for sometime, and after got the experimental results, they released these devils. === jonathan mitchell is right. logs is the noun japanese used to refer to victims. and there is a movie called black sun 731 filmed by chinese about the atrocity. i have never seen it although i knew it. it i >> continue reading

Itu Global | 4/27/2018 | Finance | Email

Why customers don’t usually email exchangers

why do some customers don’t bother to email exchangers? the answer is simple. it’s because they won’t get any response. yes, they won’t get any response. many people are great at designing good websites, but they get zero rating when it comes to customer support. customer support is one of the most important attributes of an exchanger, but sadly, certain exchangers are found wanting when it comes to good customer support. when an exchanger is in the habit of not replying to email, they discourage serious customers (who need help) from sending email. one of the attributes of a good exchanger is the ability to respond to relevant email messages as quickly as practicable. it’s understandable that most email messages are irrelevant to one’s business. however, it’s important to answer pertinent email enquiries from customers. perfect money/payeer/epay/neteller/skrill: www.ituglobalfx.com.ng >> continue reading

Itu Global | 4/27/2018 | Finance | Email

Why customers don’t usually email exchangers

why do some customers don’t bother to email exchangers? the answer is simple. it’s because they won’t get any response. yes, they won’t get any response. many people are great at designing good websites, but they get zero rating when it comes to customer support. customer support is one of the most important attributes of an exchanger, but sadly, certain exchangers are found wanting when it comes to good customer support. when an exchanger is in the habit of not replying to email, they discourage serious customers (who need help) from sending email. one of the attributes of a good exchanger is the ability to respond to relevant email messages as quickly as practicable. it’s understandable that most email messages are irrelevant to one’s business. however, it’s important to answer pertinent email enquiries from customers. perfect money/payeer/epay/neteller/skrill: www.ituglobalfx.com.ng >> continue reading

Itu Global | 4/27/2018 | Education | Phd

Disadvantages of PhDs

what is the dark side of phd? here are some dark sides of phds. impostor syndrome. you feel that you are not good enough. you always question yourself. tunnel vision. phds are trained to become expert in their fields. with such intense focus, phds may end up being experts but not know much about other things. for me, i used to have lot more interests before the phd but after phd, well, i just really like my research. mental illness. there is depression and other kinds of mental illness. lot of phds are super stressed! it is not good for them or their loved ones. health issues. many phds sacrifice their health. many just work with not much exercise, rest, or good diet. that leads to pretty bad health outcomes. overly critical. as a phd, we are taught to analyze and break things down. that is good for research but not so good for real life. i have seen friends argue over simple things just because they could not take a joke but instead had to systematically break it down. in >> continue reading

Itu Global | 4/20/2018 | Travel | Tourism

How much salary would I need to survive in Dubai?

is a salary of 17000 aed good enough in dubai? that completely depends on the lifestyle you lead. income in dubai is tax free but dubai also has lots of options to suck your money faster than you earn. according to your family size, govt has regulated the size of apartment you can take. for example if you have 5-6 members in your family, you can not stay in a 1 bhk apartment. now for the purpose of generalized expenditure, lets assume you are married with one kid. apartment- a standard 1 bhk flat in decent locality with central ac may cost you anywhere between 55k-150k aed per annum. the cost varies according to the locality, apartment size, amenties provided. many of the land lords in dubai expect the rents to be submitted in 2-4 cheques (bi yearly to quarterly) internet, telephone (landline) and electricity bills- both etisalat and du provide package of internet, cable and landline telephone. you have to choose your plan and options. average bill for a month can be 1000-250 >> continue reading

​ The most ungrateful thing a woman can say to a man

in nigeria, many women think they can sell their body for money, gifs, etc. nollywood is not helping the matter either, especially yoruba movies. it’s not uncommon for yoruba movies to depict handsome man buying or renting a resplendent house/apartment for a strange woman. it’s not uncommon for a man to buy a car as a gift (or a birthday gift) for a woman he just meets. he can take her for shopping at dubai, and then give her millions to start business. many a girl will watch the movies and think the situation is just like that in real life. but only life experiences will teach them the realities. when a girl comes across a man who loves her, and the man showers her, her friends and family with gifts and money, the girl is lucky indeed. but in reality, such girls have nothing to offer the man, save the so-called honeypot, which sometimes stinks. even most girls cheat on their generous lovers. now, what does the man stand to gain in such relationships? the answer is nothin >> continue reading

Itu Global | 4/13/2018 | Finance | Forex

​ Why we don’t give excellent trading information for free

“people don’t value what they get for free.” – dr. van k. tharp question: “ok louise, if you’re such a freaking saint, then why don’t you give away your trading knowledge for free?” all of these resources are the result of my 28 years of trading the markets, 20 years of being a best-selling author, and genuine concern to see that people get started trading effectively and safely. every one of these resources take time, money, knowledge and creativity to produce – yet… do you hear me complain… well… not often. let me explain why we don’t give away everything for free. people often don’t value what they receive for free. this means they don’t implement, and they don’t respect advanced resources, unless they’ve had to go through some sort of struggle to get to that resource. and, in this society, the ‘struggle’ doesn’t involve wrestling a mother lioness to the death… the ‘struggle’ means a financial price. i used to give away hours & hours of personal training… for years and >> continue reading

Itu Global | 4/13/2018 | Personal | Questions

Why doesn’t my girlfriend want me to touch her body?

whenever i try to touch her, she moves away or makes excuses. why is she doing this? i am happily married. my husband touches me, a lot, and it really gets on my nerves. although i love him dearly, he acts as if my body is “his”. whenever he walks by me, he slaps my ass or grabs my boobs. it doesn’t matter if i’m doing the dishes, cooking dinner, working on the computer, etc. i’m going to let you in on a little secret. it’s annoying. i want body autonomy. i don’t want someone touching me constantly. just because someone is a significant other, doesn’t mean they want to constantly be touched. i just generally am not a touchy-feely person. i’m not crazy about my 7-y-o daughter climbing all over me and constantly hanging on me either. being touched all of the time feels invasive, aggressive, and sometimes predatory. it’s not fun. my body is my own. regardless of who this other person is to you, how long you’ve been with them, etc….their body is their own! do not just touch people witho >> continue reading

Itu Global | 4/6/2018 | Education | Phd

​ Should I leave my well-paying job for further education?

am i crazy to leave a six figure salary to get a phd in computer science? while you are not necessarily crazy, this does not sound like a great decision to make. i am not even thinking about whether this makes economic sense, which it probably doesn't, but rather, what can you expect to get from a phd experience at this point in time. let me start by saying that getting a phd in cs makes perfect sense for a lot of people. hell, i even got one! but those people are usually in a different situation than yours, as a matter of fact, the phd will allow them to get to where you are (see xavier amatriain's answer to knowing what you know now, would you still get a phd if you had the chance to go back and do it over again? why or why not?). so, why would someone like you want to get into a phd? whenever i talk to people in your same situation (yes, there are many), i hear things like: i want to do "pure" research. if i do a phd i will be able to gain more understand >> continue reading

Itu Global | 4/6/2018 | Finance | Zulutrade

Providing trading signals on Zulutrade is a waste of time

some years back. i read about complaints of some signals providers on zulutrade.com. they were complaining that zulutrade didn’t give them their commissions, and yet, they confessed that zipsignals, a competitor to zulutrade, gave out signals providers earnings as and at when due. a signal provider generates automated traders on a platform and his followers copy the trades automatically. the signal provider gets paid from the commissions generated by the trades taken. when i read the complaints, i checked zulutrade website and saw they claimed to pay commissions promptly. later i signed up as a signals provider on the website, thinking my case will be different. i was wrong. after 2 years, i applied to withdraw my commissions and i was sent all the info they required. nothing was paid. i’ve sent withdrawal request countless times after that, but nothing was paid (despite several promises that they would pay). lessons: signals providers on zulutrade are wasting their time a >> continue reading

Itu Global | 3/31/2018 | Finance | Emotions

Do you trade for money or emotional satisfaction?

do you want to be entertained or rich?…it’s your choice i came across this excellent chart the other day. it shows those times in history when the s&p 500 doubled over a ten year period and the trajectory that this doubling took. please see here for a relevant chart: https://www.tradinggame.com.au/want-entertained-rich-choice/  much commentary that followed on twitter related to the steady low volatility climb that characterised the latest run and how boring this was. one of the interesting thing about markets and money in general is that people betray their true desires and personality. markets are the true window into the soul and in this instance what traders were actually saying is that they wanted to be entertained and not rich. the constant current moaning about the lack of volatility is little more than the plaintiff cries of children who bedevil their parents every school holidays with cries of …i’m bored. this lay observation tallies with what others have f >> continue reading

Itu Global | 3/29/2018 | Business | Phone Calls

Why certain exchangers don’t pick your phone calls

apart from unserious callers who ask for sustenance or pecuniary succor, there is no need to not pick calls from customers. apart from online chats, and email, telephone conversation is one of the most effective ways to communicate with an exchanger. however, certain exchangers who have several phone numbers, won’t pick your calls. you can call 100 times if you want, but no-one will pick it. why? there are many reasons for this: the fact that an exchanger’s office is busy is no excuse. that’s why you need staff to keep tabs on phone calls. there are scam exchangers online – and some of them are very popular indeed. they scam people who lick their wounds, but they usually get new victims by advert campaigns and by using unreasonable prices, like buying at very high rates and selling at very low rates. that’s what customers want – low rates for buying and high rates for selling. it’s when they send funds to the exchangers, that they realize they’re already in trouble. they >> continue reading

Itu Global | 3/29/2018 | Family | Kids

Why poor people produce children they cannot feed

why do people keep having children while living in crushing poverty? you’ve already got 24 answers to this question and i’m not sure i can add anything that hasn’t been said already. the answer can depend to some extent on the country in question. take my own for example. yes the mighty us of a. the great leader of democracy. we seem hell bent on turning back time as far as woman’s rights goes and the right for a woman to chose what happens with her own body. before long, back ally abortions may be back in vogue and woman will once again die at the hands of butchers who don’t know what they are doing. all because men don’t have the babies and women have to make the hard decisions. reality is not always sunshine and daffodils. but you said crushing poverty. that brings to mind places where women have to survive on mud cakes and see their children’s bellies distended from malnutrition. women in that situation do not have the option of saying “no”. they are uneducated. their socie >> continue reading

Itu Global | 3/21/2018 | Money | Gtbank

Shame on GTBank! Their email support staff are useless

an honorarium was sent from uk to me, using an effective third party payment platform. unknown to me, the third party payment platform works in a way that, your benefactor pays in sterling, but you get naira cash. a domiciliary account cannot receive naira cash and a naira cash cannot receive a foreign currency. it was a mistake that i sent my gbp domiciliary account number, to the benefactor, who used the third party payment platform to send gbp = naira cash to me. the dom account can’t receive naira, and so, the cash got hanged. the real solution is that, the money would go back to the third party payment platform, who would send it back to my benefactor, and the benefactor could then re-send the money or use another means to send it. but before this could happen, i contacted gtbank to report the problem. perhaps they could locate the money or reject the transaction so that it could go back to the source. i called their online customer support, who gave me email addresse >> continue reading